Forestry Board Main Activities
See scroll down menu for our list of activities or click blue links below.
Additional Board Activities
Summary of accomplishments, calendar year 2017:
- Expanded cooperation with CHESPAX and the Natural Resource Conservation Service (NRCS) by conducting several Envirothon training sessions and holding the forestry Envirothon training.
- Purchased T-shirts for the Envirothon students.
- Purchased new Arbor Day items for the local forestry office.
- Continued to revise and refine forestry board website.
- Purchased eight small trees/shrubs for the beautification of Southern Middle School.
- Continued the maintenance and annual measurement of American chestnut seedlings planted on ACLT property in 2015. Annual measurements conducted by Calvert High School students.
- Continued to maintain the Calvert County Big Tree list. Remeasure trees as necessary.
- Participated in the 2017 Calvert County Green Expo, distributed information for forest landowners and gave away 100 hardwood seedlings.
- Funded 2 students to attend the 2017 Natural Resources Careers Camp.
- Forest farming tour held at ACLT Double Oak Farm in Prince Frederick, MD. 30 participants.