Forestry Board Main Activities
See scroll down menu for our list of activities or click blue links below.
Additional Board Activities
Summary of Accomplishments, Calendar Year 2018
- Purchased T-shirts for the 2018 Envirothon students.
- Continued to revise and refine forestry board website.
- Organized and judged approximately 1,200 Arbor Day posters created by Calvert Co. 3rd graders. Selected winners in each class and school and awarded prizes.
- Welcomed new member Taylor Roswall to the Forestry Board.
- Continued the maintenance and annual measurement of American chestnut seedlings planted on ACLT property in 2015. Annual measurements conducted by Calvert High School students.
- Reviewed three Critical Area timber harvest plans.
- Drafted and approved the Calvert Forestry Board special projects funding policy.
- Remeasured 5 trees and added 7 new trees for the Maryland Big Tree Program.
- Participated in the 2018 Calvert County Green Expo, distributed information for forest landowners and gave away 100 hardwood seedlings.
- Sent three students to attend the 2018 Natural Resources Careers Camp.
- Held a fall Forestry How-To workshop on October 6, 2018 in Prince Frederick, MD. Topics included chainsaw maintenance, girdling, trail construction, tree planting & pruning. 15 participants attended the event.